God's Glory Alone
"Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created" (Revelation 4:11)
“You shall have no other gods before me. “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments. (Exodus 20:3-6)
Historical results of the Protestant Reformation in Western Society:
- Sovereignty of nations
- Freedom of religion
- Human rights
- Freedom of choice and expression
- Congregational singing and advances in music
- Empowerment of women in marriage
- Modern Science and the Scientific Method
- Renaissance and Modern Art
- The Modern Academy and Education
- Private ownership of property
- Protestant work ethic
1. God created all things for his glory.
2. Our deepest struggle is glorifying the wrong things.
3. Our solution is found in the cross.
Click here to see the Community Group Discussion Questions.
Posted on Sun, October 1, 2017
by Sarah Sutton filed under